- Federal government agency’s examination scheduling system is critical for nationwide staff of bank examiners.
- Agency invested significant time and money maintaining staff schedules in disparate, nonstandard formats.
- The pragmatics team embraced the organization’s Application Lifecycle Management tool (ALM) and created a transparent development environment, as well as the means for continuous delivery.
- Pragmatics used agile methodology to build and deliver a simple, effective, more efficient, and reliable tool to manage staff scheduling in real time.
- Iterative nature of agile methodology enabled client to offer immediate feedback and
- Eliminate costs due to missed requirements.
- Agency realized approximately $988,000 savings in staff hours.
- Using agile methodology, Pragmatics delivered a simple, effective, more efficient, and reliable tool to manage staff scheduling and respond to changing scheduling needs in real time.
- The 508-compliant system was custom built as a single, Web-based application that enabled interface with a number of complex systems.
- The iterative nature of agile methodology enabled the client to see progress and offer immediate feedback through weekly demonstrations, allowing Pragmatics to tailor the application to meet the client’s exact needs and eliminate costs due to missed requirements.
- The agency predicts an estimated annual savings of $988,000 in staff hours.
- The initial system was delivered ahead of schedule. With Pragmatics’ innovative agile approach, customer testing began sooner than would otherwise have been possible.
“The 508-compliant system was custom built as a single, Web-based application that enabled interface with a number of complex systems.”
THE CLIENT ENTERPRISE ENVIRONMENT
A major agency of the federal government ensures that national banks and federal savings associations operate in a safe and sound manner, provide fair access to financial services, treat customers fairly, and comply with applicable laws and regulations. In that role, the agency charters, regulates, and supervises all national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches and agencies of foreign banks.
The agency’s examination scheduling system is a critical component for its nationwide staff of bank examiners, who conduct on-site examinations of national banks and federal savings associations.
The agency was investing a significant amount of time and money preparing and maintaining schedules in disparate, nonstandard formats for up to 2,000 bank examiners and staff. The agency turned to Pragmatics to develop an innovative, long-term centralized scheduling solution to allow scheduling staff and priority changes, updates and interruptions for examinations, and other events nationwide.
Pragmatics leveraged its experienced team of engineers, proven Pragmatic Agility® methodology, in-depth institutional knowledge, and rapid execution to build and deliver a national scheduling application. Having fostered a strong and trusted relationship with the client, Pragmatics then used the iterative nature of agile to deliver more sophisticated, high-quality features to better serve the agency’s unique needs.
Download the Case