Proudly Serving Our Country and Our Communities
We care deeply for our country and for the communities in which we live. At Pragmatics, we maintain a vibrant culture of generosity, responsibility and social awareness. For more than three decades, Pragmatics has contributed to numerous organizations and causes, with a focus on improving the quality of life for people in need, providing relief in times of turmoil, and promoting education and economic development.
Pragmatics has generously supported relief efforts for victims of the Philippines typhoon, the Oklahoma tornadoes and storms, the Japanese earthquake and tsunami, Hurricane Sandy, the Haiti earthquake, Hurricane Katrina, and for victims and families of the 9/11 attacks on the United States. In addition, Pragmatics has sponsored numerous events for wounded veterans.
In November 2009, Pragmatics Founder and CEO Dr. Long Nguyen and his wife made a $5 million donation to George Mason University. The donation established the Long and Kimmy Nguyen Engineering Building, a world-class facility for teaching and research at the university’s Fairfax campus. The Nguyens made the donation to underscore their strong commitment to the university, education, and northern Virginia, where their family resides.
PragmaticSERVES: Supporting Community-Based Charity
In 2008, we established PragmaticSERVES (Supports, Encourages, Responds, Values, Energizes, and Strengthens) to give back to the communities where our employees live and work. Its mission is to encourage interaction among employees by working with charitable and nonprofit organizations that provide support on a community level.
PragmaticSERVES has experienced great success, with active participation from employees from each of Pragmatics’ offices. This initiative shows that Pragmatics employees take great pride in the company’s strong commitment to corporate citizenship.
Pragmatics recently held a food drive to support a local food bank; employees generously donated more than 400 pounds of food and $500 to this initiative.
Recent Charitable Initiatives Include:
- Raising nearly $7,500 to help those affected by devastating earthquakes in Nepal. Pragmatics employees donated more than $3,700, and CEO Dr. Long Nguyen generously matched the donation dollar-for-dollar. All donations were made through the American Red Cross.
- A donation to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF), an organization that supports the military’s Special Operations Forces and their families. This support includes paying expenses for college students who are the children of deceased Special Operations Forces service members.
- A donation to a Women in Defense Greater Tampa Bay, Fla., Holiday Social and Annual Fundraiser to benefit the Southeastern Guide Dogs (SGD) Paws for Patriots Program. The mission of the program is to create and nurture a partnership between visually impaired or combat-weary veterans and a guide dog, facilitating life’s journey with mobility, independence, and dignity. The event raised more than $30,000 for the Program.
- Raising more than $1,200 to benefit Middleton High School in the Tampa Bay, Fla., area. Pragmatics supported a fundraiser sponsored by Greater Tampa Bay Women in Defense. Funds raised benefit the school’s STEM programs.
- Raising $13,700 to support those affected by the November 2013 typhoon in the Philippines. Once again, CEO Dr. Long Nguyen matched all employee contributions dollar-for-dollar.
- Raising more than $8,000 to support families affected by the May 2013 tornadoes/storms in Oklahoma. CEO Dr. Long Nguyen generously matched all employee contributions dollar-for-dollar.
- Raising more than $10,000 to support families affected by Hurricane Sandy through the American Red Cross. CEO Dr. Long Nguyen generously matched all employee contributions for this initiative dollar-for-dollar.
- Raising $27,000 for Spring Storms 2011 to support those affected by the severe weather in southern and midwestern United States, and nearly $27,000 for the Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami relief effort, both through the American Red Cross. CEO Dr. Long Nguyen generously matched all employee contributions for these initiatives dollar-for-dollar.
- Raising nearly $2,000 for the American Cancer Society through Relay for Life. Team Mission Possible raffled an iPad 2 to raise funds for cancer research, awareness, and treatment.
- Sponsoring the 4 The Wounded 5k charity run, which raised nearly $75,000 for the Wounded Warrior Program, a nonprofit organization that provides programs and services for injured service members.
- Sponsoring Tampa Bay Rays baseball tickets for families of the servicemen and women of MacDill Air Force Base.
- Partnering with the Salvation Army for an eighth year to sponsor the Angel Tree Program. In 2015, Pragmatics provided 75 children in need with new clothing and toys during the holiday season.
For more information about Pragmatics’ Corporate Responsibility programs, please visit our Contact Us page, or contact our corporate headquarters directly at 703-890-8500.